Sleep

Posted , 15 users are following.

Getting really fed up with lack of sleep. The main reason is I can't find a comfy position. I've always slept on the side that I've had my tkr but that seems out now. What have other people found to be a comfy position

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Lack of sleep certainly has been frustrating. I tried the pillow under the knee and sometimes got some relief but was constantly struggling to get a good night's sleep. Even at 7 weeks it's still challenging and many days a nap is the only thing that saves me. I spoke to the physical therapist about this who suggested I try melatonin which is an OTC. It helps some nights. PT also told me to try wearing 100% cotton or silk pajama pants. Crazy as it sounds this gave me some relief. His opinion was that the night air has dampness in it which creates additional inflammation and swelling and that the pajama pants would help. No polyester or sleep shorts! I hate having something rubbing on my sensitive knee but I was willing to try almost anything (except for purchasing silk sheets). Give it a try, what have you got to lose?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.