Sleep

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm three days post tkr and am just wondering when will I be able to sleep on my side?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I can't sleep on my back so i pretty much slept on my side from the off... I'm 20 days post op and still sleep on my side..... I place the operated leg over the other one ,,,, and on my other side I'm able to rest one leg on top of the other ,,, i know lots of people use pillows,, best of luck ,,,

• Posted

When ever it feels comfortable, it took me about a month before I could, but I spent three weeks with my leg in a cpm which I left running overnight to improve flexion. Try putting a pillow between your knees to cushion it 
  • Posted

I’m 6 weeks and still can’t lie on my side,in fact I still sleeping in my recliner.From what I’ve read it seems everyone is different.A lady in same ward as me could sleep on her side on day 2.
  • Posted

Whenever it feels comfortable.  Most of us have used a pillow between the knees.
  • Posted

I cannot get comfortable sleeping on my back either,when I had my TKR it was 2-3 weeks before I got on my side,but for me sleep was a problem not pain just discomfort as others have said a pillow between your legs will help one thing did help when I was trying to sleep on my back was a pillow under the length of my leg so much more comfortable,but never put a cushion or pillow under your knee only,but the whole length was fine.
  • Posted

I wore my brace when I slept for about 5 weeks it helped with the sleep I can sleep on my side now without brace but there is still an ache put a pillow between your knees it will help alot

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.