Sleep aid tablets

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I have been taking sleep aid tablets to help me sleep. Prob 2/3 times a week. Only from asda. My wee is really yellow at the minute. Could this be the cause? It doesn't hurt or anything when I wee but convinced myself I have kidney failure now!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kristy! No Kidney failure. If the pills have a color to them then it would owup in urine. Or you might need to drink more water. Nothing to worry about at all.
  • Posted

Hi kirsty lots of the herbal remedies cause your wee to be yellower or even orange because the vitamins or supplements in it are too great (which isnt a problem cause whatever isnt used is wee'd out hence the stronger coloured urine) 

My husband used to take lots of vitamins and his wee was orange so he stopped taking them because he realised that his body didnt need them all and he was just weeing out the excess.

Drink lots of water just incase it is from dehydration, however i am 98% sure that it is the sleep aid as i have experienced it first hand. 

If the problem stll worries you then you could go to the doctor but this would be purely for peace of mind for yourself hearing a professional tell you what i am saying (sometimes  have to go to the doctor to hear him/her tell me what i already know)

You will get there in the end and you will be able to calm yourself down smile good luck xx

• Posted

hey hun me again i also get really yellow pee everyday i get it but its cuz i dont drink enough so prob same for you and if you had a urine infection it would be really painful and hard to pee even if your dying to go  you dont have kidney failure smile
  • Posted

Kristy,

do you have any other symptoms beside the color of the urine being yellow?

could be that your urine is just too concentrate, drink more water if its the case. could be also that the medication you are taking have a derivative that changes the color of your wee to yellow.

kidney failure has more severe symptoms . relax, drink more water

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.