Sleep and Venlafaxine - does it help or hinder?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone!

Could i please have your thoughts?

I've just upped my dose from 1 x 37.5 immediate release taken in the morning to also an evening tab of 37.5mg. I'm wondering if my sleep will improve now im taking the eve dose?

Thanks!

N

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Where you on any other antidepressant before. Have u been struggling with sleep xx

• Posted

no - only a couple of years ago but they didnt help my sleep. I tried Citilopram x

• Posted

hello, i also take immediate release ven, have done from the start. taking 1 immediate release ven tablet is not a good idea. its rarely done, and is normally some sort of mistake. immediate release only stays in your body for 12 hours, although its can be as low as 7 hours, depending on your metabolism. this means you have little or no ven in you for at least 12 hours. people can get edgy if they miss their dose by only a few hours. taking it morning and night should make you feel much better. i always felt dreamy about 1 hour of taking immediate release ven. morning and evening will make you feel better, once over any initial anxiety from the increase, and sleep should improve. taking ven at night never caused me any sleep issues. i immediate release tab of ven is not a good idea.

• Posted

Thanks Nigel. This is my second night of eve tab. Do you think i might suffer some side effects again?

• Posted

I must be one of the odd ones out there but I take 37.5 mg extended release and within 30 minutes I get very sleepy. My doctor said it might give me a boost of energy so he had me take it in the morning and I was getting too sleepy at work. I take it at night now and get 7 hours of sleep when before the ven I only got 4 hours. The only side effect I have is an increase in heart rate, but its not bad. Keep taking it for a few weeks to see how you do, it takes time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.