sleep anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

It's been nine days now since I started having terrible insomnia. I feel my life has been ripped out from under me and I don't know where to turn. It started with one bad nights sleep nearly two weeks ago and now I'm not sleeping for one second during the night. The doctor has prescribed me citalopram for the horrible anxiety I'm experiencing all night. I also have sleeping tablets and Diazepam in the cupboard but I really don't want to take them. My big fear is ill never sleep again. Every one keeps telling me that I'll eventually fall asleep but after another night of absolutely no sleep I've convinced myself that something has happened to me and I WILL never sleep again. I've never used a forum before but I guess I'm kindling kind of reaching out to anyone who has had a similar problem or thought pattern. I have very thing going for me in life with great kids and a good job but it all seems over now as I'm convinced my total lack of sleep will ruin everything.  Is it possible to never sleep again? Someone please help!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I feel for you; I have been on 10mg of ambien for a very long time and it helps my minds to shut off so i can sleep; otherwise it just races with what has happened that day -but I also have fibromyalgia; It might just be temporary from some change in life?  but could also be some chemical change in the brain; it it continues I would see a psychotherapist that specializes in insomnia to talk about it  
  • Posted

Hi Stephen have you tried a change in diet oats are brilliant for anxiety! I use suffer from terrible anxiety but doing a simple thing like changing the foods you eat really do help I have also been drinking lots of infused water il give you the recipe please try it you'll be surprised how good it is

so you will need a hand full of mint and some lemons just leave these in the water for a hour and then it's ready to drink this worked for me 

• Posted

Thank you for the tip. I will give it ago. I just wish I could rewind the clock to two weeks ago when everything was okay . I understand this is negative thinking but it is difficult to be positive.

• Posted

True ano it's difficult to stay positive Stephen nearly every person has a episode of anxiety in there life ! You need to know anxiety can't kill you!!  Maybe it would help you to do simple breathing exercises at night this will help you relax before you go sleep... Your anxiety will get worse if you keep thinkingbthat you won't  wake up from your sleep  Take my advice don't take no medication from the drs healthy eating and excersice is the key 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.