Sleep anxiety

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi . sometimes when im just about to fall asleep, i get a panic attack. i want to sleep but it still happens. it doesnt happen every night as i had a 6 month period or so without it happening. ... i get up out of bed and return around 1.30am and then i sleep straightaway. i think it might be because my heartbeat has slowed down by then. when i actually go to bed around 11.00pm, i dont feel tired but when im lying down for a while, i then try to sleep but panic sets in. its as if something is trying to stop me sleeping. first time i ever experienced it was in a tent around 20 years ago. it was a little different then because it happened when i was sleeping. i would wake up not knowing where i was. pure panic. there was someone with me who told me it was ok. and then it was ok. cheers Kevin..

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.