Sleep apnea and nightmares

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, i was diagnosed with sleep apnea in December and have been put on a CPAP. Since being on the machine I have had such bad real tense nightmares, they seem that real that I wake up very upset and it plays on my mind all day.

Does anyone else have this?

Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Hayle claire,

I have also been on a cpap machine since December and also am getting much more vivid dreams. I think it's the brains way of catching up with remote sleep that I have not had for years. Also, if you've been deprived of proper dreams, you are just not used to them. Try not to worry and tell yourself they are only dreams and can't harm you. Distract yourself as much as possible from thinking about them. I hope they lessen soon

• Posted

Not remote but REM. Stupid predictive text.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.