Sleep apnea issues

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi im on a cpap machine for sleep apnea.

the last month my wife said my snoring had become out of control again and am waking her all ours of the night.

so im back to the sofa.i rang my sleep therapist who said my apneas are all over the place.so she upped my air a notch.i was having roughly 18-28 apneas a hour.anyway 1st night with it upped 1 i only had 7 apneas per hour which was the best in weeks so thought i would go back to bed the next night.

wife gets woke at 6 saying snoring not as bad now but im rocking the bed all night from rocking backwards and forwards.check my score on resmed and had 22 apneas per hour.why isnt it getting better?why is 1 night 18 next night 20 next night 28 then 7.i have no leaks i dont understand.my wife is pregnant and cant keep waking her every night.sofa isnt.comfortable either.thankyou for any help

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

HI DAN I USE ALAXO STENTS GOOGLE ALAXO AND SEE WHAT YOU THINK I CAN GIVE YOU THE NAME OF A DOCTOR THAT CAN PRESCRIBE A SET FOR YOUTHANKS

• Posted

Please don't be offended by me asking this question, & i do hope i'm wrong, but by any chance are you overweight? I'm certainly not suggesting you are, but if that's the case, getting your weight back to a healthy range can make a big difference with sleep apnea. Sure medications can help somewhat but we need to keep in mind the health ramifications of sleep apnea (which i'm sure you're aware of anyway). High blood pressure being a big one. Go back to your doc & tell them that it needs further investigation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.