Sleep dep and anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

I havent slept hardly in 2 days and my anxiety levels are high today because I'm tired I feel so alone with this

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

How do you feel about explaining the anxieties to us here and thus to yourself in writing? Would that combat the loneliness feeling, even to a small extent?
  • Posted

Hello tiredness can make the whole anxiety state so much worse,if I have a bad night my anxiety is through the roof the next day,truly awful.try to think this is the reason why your anxiety is so much worse it's just cos you're very tired.my dr prescribed 80 mg slow release proponol for me and it's helping greatly for me at the moment.take care Michelle xxx
    • Posted

Thank you .It does make it worse I know. Which I had the energy to do something other than sitting around worrying.
    • Posted

It certainly does.are you taking anything to help you ?ive suffered anxiety and panic attacks for years,got so much better for a long time then suffered a health anxiety and it's all come rushing back !! Worried about my health and thinking othe worst have made it escalate again to severe anxiety.my dr gave me proponol which is helping greatly.its such a vicious circle when you don't sleep you're so tired next day,you want to be active etc and clear your mind but you're too tired too.i do understand but I can promise it does pass xxx
    • Posted

Yes I am on citalopram for my anxiety depression.I have some Zopiclone for sleep but I only ever use in emergencies . I may have to take one tonight. It's a vicious circle anxiety about sleep which means no sleep so more anxiety. Its a living hell. It's been like this since October. Over the past few weeks it was getting better. I am wondering if it has anything to do with the change in dosage of the citalopram. It went up this week starting last Monday. I keep a diary so I can keep account of my days and nights. I appreciate your help
    • Posted

You're welcome😊I know how it feels to believe you are all alone with anxiety,but believe me it's so common.im always here if you ever need a chat or private chat.i have suffered for so many years and had years where I felt good but any trigger like my health at the moment or a very stressful situation can set it off .why don't you take your diary and have chat with your Dr he maybe able to help and advise on this? Can you try and relax tonight before bed maybe a nice bath and try to calm yourself with breathing deep before bed,when them anxious thoughts come,go with it they are only thoughts in a tired mind.noyhing is going to hurt you.😊lots of love Michelle xxx
    • Posted

Hi Michelle

Reading what you say is so true. I went on sertraline 2 and a half years ago (50mg) and after side effects felt so much better. However after a few months of not feeling too well has triggered anxiety feelings and attacks again. Doctor has put it up to 100mg 3 days ago so I'm hoping that and trying to think positively is going to get me on track again. I hate the feelings and I have terrible head pressure which won't go.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.