Sleep deprivation

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello...For the past 5 years i have been Suffering from continued lumbar pain.This all came after i have had my new hip....I cannot work as i am on Disability.....In Early 2020 I have started to feel very tired and it has gotten to the point that i am not sleeping at all.....This year in 2021 it has gotten worse to the point that i have started to get hallucinations and im waking up and seeing people and objects...My head and memory is really confused....I cannot even relax that my head is numb and throbbing.......Anybody experiencing this....??

Thanks tony.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Boy do I totally hear you on ALL your symptoms . I have had three hip joint replacements and each time knee and serious back pain develop . I think opening up the joint during surgery by assistant twisting ankle has some effects as my ankles/knees which are painful. One leg the foot faces out at a 40 % angle has been a tripping issue... the toes & ankel don't face foreword. I also believe getting up and down after surgery has a huge effect as we struggle for months & months to walk, trying to get our lives back. The surgery takes a toll on other joints, especially since we had been walking on a damaged hip before. Seek a x-ray for your back may help to resolve that issue. I have degenerated disc issues.

Sleep has been a huge issue. Usually I listen to sleep stories, earphones on I pad. Gentle voices lull me to sleep eventually. Or try a sleep clinic. For joint issues, try to get into therapy to help build muscles around the back and hip. Sleeping on my back is the only way I can move the next day. Side or tummy sleeping is very painful next day the back position helps pillows under knees.

It's always something a life time of issues. Hippy life is a bit different and usually takes 2- 3 years to rebuild the areas effected from surgery, especially after walking around with a damaged hip for any length of time can cause other painful issues. It's all very aggravating and frustrating. After time it just begins to be a huge issue limiting daily life expectations to center around pain and letting things go. Look into learning 'Mindfulness'. It has helped me rethink all my movements by thinking ahead and understand enviornment and surrounding areas using leverage as much as possible when doing certain daily activities. In many cases its taking more time to plan ahead but worth it to avoid pain .

To leave this on a positive note ...I am happy to have a better quality of life since hip surgeries, to have mobility without assistance and no more agonizing pain to point of exhaustion. It's an adjustment every day...one hip is over 30 years old since it was replaced and it's still doing it's job. Keep in mind everyone is different . When younger my first hip replacement was still very difficult , as we age its a lot tougher rehab. Once osteo creeps into our joints it's a lesson in futility, stress and sheer determination to regain mobility and life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.