Sleep deprivation with 8 hours of sleep.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I am 26 year old male. I am feeling these symptoms since teenager or that's all I can remember. I would like to know are there any other people who has/had symptoms of physical/mental/emotional exhaustion 24/7? Who feel pretty much the same if they sleep 2 hours or 8. That's how I feel. I don't feel any better after getting sleep. I wake up exhausted and all I want to do is lay down, because I am too tired to move. Still working though, but don't know how long will I be able to, because its torture. Can't think straight(brain fog), but severe enough to make me dangerous driver. Been already in two accidents in last year, because I wasn't attentive enough and didn't notice car next to me(both times). IT FEELS LIKE SLEEP HAS NO EFFECT TO ME.

And before everyone says I have depression, I have been reading many many forums about how people feeling with depression and couldn't find even single one similar case. People with depression says they feel sad all day, some of them crying and can't control it and nobody even mentions that they feel like with dementia and are tired all the time. Or that they run out of breath after 10 minutes walk like me. They feel different. I am in bad mood, because these symptoms(severe brain fog, emotional numbness, body weakness and shakiness, sore, sensitive to light eyes, etc.) makes my life miserable. Can't even keep long conversation, because it make me even more exhausted, can't make normal sentences and pay attention to what people telling me.

So please, is there anyone who feels similar or maybe felt and did something that helped? Any advise greatly appreciated! 😃

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Helo Thomas,

I am a 21 yo male. I been experiencing the same symptoms as you for the past 4.5 years. I haven't been able to hold down a job since I was 19 yo.I have had lots of testing and seen many doctors. none could figure out what was wrong with me.

Just recently I got tested using bioresidence testing. (bioresidence testing is new technology from Germany. there is not too much info on the web about it yet). The testing revealed that I had Lyme disease, a low grade infection of West Nile virus and St Louis encephalitis. My body was also toxic from black mold.

I will soon start treatments to hopefully rid my body of these infections. For me, just being diagnosed feels like a huge step in the right direction. Over the years my family has spent thousands of dollars trying to find answers. The name of the doctor I'm seeing is l#o#n#n#i#e h#e#r#m#a#n. you can look him up on YouTube.

I hope you are able to find answers and healing.

• Posted

Thomas, have you seen a doctor about this?I wonder what the quality of your sleep is like. Do you snore a lot?There is a condition called sleep apnea where you can actually stop breathing during the night ,for short intervals. This leads to low oxygen levels in the brain and a constant feeling of tiredness.

Do see a doctor if you havent already, and you could also try doing some deep breathing exercises when you get up in the morning. Blow all the air out of your lungs and then breathe in as much as possible. Hold for 10 seconds. Do this once in the morning for 5 days then twice for 5 days then 3 times.You may need to sit down as you do this because it may make you dizzy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.