Sleep disorder

Posted , 5 users are following.

I hav been suffering from sleep disorder for 1 month. The problem i face i go to bed around 1am to 8 am but problem is i wake up several times mostly for pee or sometimes for any reason. I wake up every 1 hour approx sometimes 30 mins or 2 hours but i will wake up 6-7 times in 7 hours. I dont have problem falling back asleep but i am worried why i am waking so much. Is it normal or some severe problem. I dont feel tired in day. But i am getting worried.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

No need to worry.do not take liquids two hours before going to bed.waking up in between sleep is common.We fall back to sleep nicely.
  • Posted

You don't say if you're male or female.  I'm female and find I wake up with hot flushes.  Vitamin e is helping.   Hrt was no good for me at all. 

• Posted

This is quite normal, not a sleep disorder. Normal sleep consists of several cycles, each approximately one-and-a-half hours long (though it can vary). It's quite normal to wake up between each cycle, but most people don't remember waking. Some of us (me included) just wake up a little more between sleep cycles, so we remember it the next morning. I first became aware of this during my mid-20s and have been like it for the past 50 years.

As Apu suggested, try drinking a little less before going to bed. However, as long as you're going back to sleep quickly and feeling fine during the day it doesn't really matter if you do have to get up to pee during the night.

• Posted

Has yourdoctor checked you for a possible urinary infection?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.