Sleep Disorder that is ruining my life

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been struggling with Sleep disorder for more than a year now. I have tried pretty much everything now, not screen about 1 hour before bedtime, Reading, Walking for 45 minutes a day. I consulted a doctor and he prescribed me Mirzaphine 7.5 MG and Quintipine 25 MG. I was alright for 4 Months and now I have the same problem.

It is much worse than I had last time. I haven't slept for 2 days, I lay down on bed remembering everything that happens around me, but my friends say that I was snoring. But in the morning I feel like I haven't slept one bit.

Can somebody help me?This is ruining my Work and possibly marriage. Is there anything that put me on deep sleep.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey, how are you doing now? I would suggest upping the Mirtazapine to 15mg as that gives the best benefit for sleep. I am also going through terrible insomnia as well. I am on mirtazapine and I can get to sleep fine but I wake up within hours of being asleep then go into a dream like state. When I finally get up in the morning I do not feel rested at all. Tbh I am exhausted and have dry baggy eyes all the time. You could try and ask for Zopiclone if it ever gets really bad that you can't handle your life anymore. That should put you to sleep but its an addictive sleeping pill that makes you dependant so I would not recommend it. On another note, a higher dose of the mirtazapine does block out those unwanted thoughts that you mentioned so I'd try that.

• Posted

Hey, thanks for the response. I am taking Mirtazapine 15 MG and it it is a lot better now. The doctor advised me to do the same as it seems to be working.
    • Posted

Dear anoop29994

Do you know the cause of your insomnia because as you may heard or read insomnia is always a symptom and not a disorder because its a natural process and there might be something to interfere it. Have you had any blood test done? Check your magnesium level , thyroid blood test and vitamin D . Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.