Sleep every 2 days...what is happening

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey There,

for a week it seems that I've been getting a good sleep every 2 nights this week. has anyone been through this??

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Were you on sleep aids lately?
    • Posted

No, I havent been on sleep aids. Its just for some reason my mind wont shut down. and I've had sleeping problems on and off for a year now. I've been going thru insomnia and there were most nights where i've done 1-3 hours of sleep or none at all and sometimes my sleep would be sporadic. I've had this issue during college. I was on sleep aids during college for a short period but i stopped doing them because i didnt want to be dependent on them.

• Posted

Me.... I was actually awake 36hrs sleeping 12..in other words sleeping every other night..for nearly two weeks...have since slept every night for the last six weeks with the occasional 3rs happening 3/4 times.try not to worry as this makes sleep worse..keep a sleep journal..write down your worries..talk about it..have some councilling..but most of all do what is right for you..every bodies sleep patterns are different and not everything works for everyone...I developed sleep anxiety because I was constantly worried about not sleeping and started to dread going to bed...now my attitude is..if I sleep I sleep and if I don’t I don’t..but always look after myself 100% next day..eat well and plenty of water and rest my body...I’m getting up to 11 hrs some nights now...take care 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.