Sleep I need sleep...

Posted , 9 users are following.

The hardest thing with my episodes is getting the proper sleep. I’m slugging through the days, trying to rest but not sleeping, then trying to sleep at night not sleeping. And as you all know, it’s never a restful sleep. Any suggestions?  I’d be so happy to hear. Just call me sleepless in Seattle. Just kidding I don’t live in Seattle. 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am in the UK, it is simply called 'Melatonin' and the GPs can prescribe it.

• Posted

Hi helene51978,

I didn't find the sleepy teas helped at all, so I did some research and from that made a tincture of valerian root, which is a mild sedative. I took that every night for a month and after 1-2 weeks of taking it I was actually getting restorative sleep and started to feel like I might be getting a bit better. Unfortunately it also gave me diarrhea after taking it for four weeks. I'd still recommend it as a good go to if you're craving just a few hours sleep - it really helped me in a time of need.

Note: you can't take any antidepressants whilst taking this (I'm not saying you do, but I did), but the valerian also functions as an antidepressant.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.