Sleep issues! And more

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I was wondering how many of you get help from your gp with sleeping aids ie sleeping pills? It seem everyone I talk to gets help, (I don’t) I also wonder if you just see a gp, i see some people have help from mental health teams. I also don’t have this. I have bad anxiety low mood and insomnia, is that enough for me to get more help than just my gp?  Thanks in advance 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey I went to my doctors with the exact same and she upped my dose ..day 5 and still no sleep...she  gave me sleeping tablets but night nurse seems to help me sleep before I upped I'm gona try them again x

• Posted

Absolutely!   Get yourself into s psychiatrist as soon as you can.  I doubt my primary care physician would give me sleeping pills but he does prescribe antidepressants.   

Psychiatrists are the best ones though.  They specialize in this stuff.  

Good luck to you.  Let us know how you make out. 

• Posted

Hi Claire,

My doctor prescribed me trazodone for sleep along with the venlafaxine.

• Posted

My gp gave me 28 sleeping tablets about6 or 7 weeks ago I have 16 left I only use them every few days but it gives my body a rest. He also gave me 28 diazapam 7 weeks ago too and I've hardly used them too. However last night I took 5mg of diazapam and no sleeping tablet and slept all night first nights sleep for about 3 too 4 months . I'm going too try it again tonight too see how I get on xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.