sleep or lack of after total hysterectomy and bso

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi had total hysterectomy and bso 5 weeks ago now struggling to sleep even though I'm shattered when I go to bed, does anybody else suffer from this?

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

OH YES! I had same op in May and I am definitely the same. It can be 2am and I'm wide awake and know I've got to get up at 530 for work and wanting to sleep makes it worse. Are you on any meds. I'm taking livial in the interim for true hrt at around xmas time and wonder if it's that. I have got used to sleeping only a few hours a night now but I'm not functioning 100 % because of it I'm sure. I was offered sleeping tablets but don't want to go down that route plus I was told I may not be safe to drive in mornings and that's no good to me. Out of all the symptoms I was expecting this wasn't one of them!
  • Posted

Hi

Yes I had the same op 3rd April and was led to believe I d sleep for England! How wrong it was, I was watching movies all night, was tired but could not get to sleep. It did nt improve until I started my HRT which I had 6 weeks after my op and in the form of patches. My sleep is a lot better now, not exactly how it was before op but hell of a lot better than it was. I think it's the change in your hormones that causes all this. Are you planning on HRT?

• Posted

Hi, I had op in February, I was like that and it was awful. Lay in bed wide awake. Settled once I had been on hrt patches for few weeks. Apparently all those female hormones or lack of them, can affect your sleep cycles. Hang on in there, hopefully will improve. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.