Sleep paralysis is at a ridiculous level

Posted , 30 users are following.

I used to have sleep paralysis every month or so, this year its gotten to every week, then every few days and now i'm having it over 4 times a night. It is literally impossible for me to sleep at night and I am only able to fall sleep at stupid times like 9 the following morning.

I am genuinely scared and definitely need to see a doctor but I can't do that until Monday, I am scared my brain is actually damaged. I get a rushing noise like wind in my ears when I close my eyes and pressure and loud noises. It's horrible, I can't deal with it anymore.

I need some advice, is it my diet, my sleep pattern or what? Please anything would help until I can get to a doctor on Monday, thanks.

2 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sleep paralysis is natural and common. There is nothing need to worry about this. Sleep paralysis explained in this below video, watch it

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hello, I’m Ronald 20yrs. I live in the Philippines. I also have same problem with you I have sleep paralysis for more than 5 years and got it almost EVERY NIGHT! It’s so hard that somehow I accepted the fact that I will live with it forever but It got worst this year It has longer duration now almost over a minute and it gives me so much headache I’m afraid it is causing nerve damage to my brain and I will end up having neurological diseases like parkinsons and alzeimers. Also Im starting to have anxiety I’m afraid to sleep anymore I can’t handle the hallucinations sometimes i have episode where I can feel pain in certain parts of my body but when I wake up there is nothing there not mentioning the hellish dream that makes me feel helpless.I started taking notes that I personally think what triggers my paralysis:

1. I love reading fantasy/horror books that suprises me

2. I watch movies/shows that keeps me offguard like Survivor and Game of thrones. I think somehow my brain addapted to this pattern of thinking where I make worst scenarios on my mind.

3. Religion is not healthy to my brain. My subconcious is somehow afraid of omnipotent thinking about god also makes me think of evil which makes it worst

4. Inherited - my father also has nightmares I don’t have much conversation about it with him cause we dont live together

5. Lack of sleep and Physical activity

6. Negativity - My hallucinations reflects my worries phobias and stress

I guess we need a healthier lifestyle and change the things we want.  I will also read more peaceful books and learn to meditate. I’m hoping to see my improvements

• Posted

Hello, i'm 16 years old, and the first time i experienced sleep paralysis was when i was 14 years old. Since then, i've experienced sleep paralysis almost every night since. I am terrified to go to sleep, i'd rather become insomniac than go through the horrible episode that iv'e unfortunately had to deal with every single night of my life for two years. I've tried to get help, but no medication, no therapist, no meditation can help. It sounds bizarre to even think about a dark black figure above me...hovering over staring into the depths of my soul. But, that's how it is. I need help.

• Posted

Sleep paralysis is a magnesium deficiency.

Muscles require magnesium to contract. The muscles are paralysed so they can't contract. Start taking magnesium supplements and your sleep paralysis will go away.

Cause of magnesium loss could be caffeine related such as coffee teas softdrinks energy drinks as these are diuretics which cause your body to purge the magnesium. If you don't replace the magnesium you will get sleep paralysis more regularly.

I've had sleep paralysis many times and magnesium replacement does the trick.

If you experience it, try to relax, calm your breathing, start to move your fingers. Try to grab something and try to make a big sudden movement like to roll your body over. It is very painful because your body has to really activate under conditions of low magnesium.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.