Sleep Problem - In haze at all times, tired eyes

Posted , 4 users are following.

This is an incredibly hard situation for me to explain. Since I was 17, I have had a disorder with my sleep to where I wake up and have a hazy feeling over my eyes and a little bit in my brain. While I can get as much sleep as I want, it will still be there when I wake up. It used to rid very easily if I woke up to something like an alarm and not on my own or if I took a small mid-day nap. And I don't mean a full-blown nap, I'm talking about just a quick microsleep and this little Haze would go away. Right now I can't seem to get rid of it at all. It is just staying no matter how much I sleep or no matter how many naps I take or no matter what I wake up to. It is getting to the point where I'm having severe anxiety about it on a daily basis because I do not know what the future holds. I must admit that I drank quite a bit when I was younger and I distinctly remember it starting on a night where I drink very heavily the next morning. The few times that I have not had this Haze, when I woke up on my own, was when I got very drunk. Obviously this has something to do with it but I just don't know what. if anyone has any idea what this could be or if they have heard of any symptoms like this, please let me know

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Does the haze hurt your ability to function? Is that why you are anxious?
    • Posted

Yes. It definitely makes it tough to make it through the day. It's really weird that just a little microsleep would make it go away, but that isn't the case anymore.

• Posted

When did you last have your vision tested by an opthalmologist (optician)?   Has something happened to your vision?
    • Posted

I have had my vision checked multiple times. No issues. I highly doubt it's a vision issue. I feel like it has something to do with the way I am sleeping and waking up. I am wondering if anyone else in the world has ever had these symptoms or am I the only one...

• Posted

Hey Pat,

I experience this and a host of other crazy visual issues. I've actually been trying desperately to have this figured out. I've seen two eye doctors and several neurologist. No explanation. But I've been diagnosed with severe sleep apnea and im thinking maybe that is what's causing this. I've been using a cpap for 2 weeks now with no improvement but I have been told it takes months for your body to adapt and see full benefits. Anyway, I understand what you're going through and it's absolutely horrible. Good luck Pat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.