Sleep problems

Posted , 2 users are following.

Have been on 20mg since the beginning of August and just increased to 40mg. I have had continual sleep problems; not getting to sleep but staying asleep. Sometimes wake after as little as an hour, soaked in sweat and wide awake.

My doctor gave me Zaleplon - sort of like sleeping tablets. I take one when I wake up in the night. Within half an hour am back asleep. I still feel tired but at least I'm getting more sleep.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi, i was the same waking up at 3 am in a cold sweat, i take my tablet with food about 7pm each evening this gives me chance to get it into my system, i find that i do occasionally wake up now (not sweating) and dont yawn as much during the day, vary your times to suit you best but i do recommend taking with food, it has also settled my digestive and toilet habits also.

jeff

• Posted

Hi Jeff

Thanks. I have always taken it in the morning - never considered taking it at night. Luckily I don't have any digestive problems. I think I'll try taking at night.

• Posted

i was taking 40mg at nite and found i couldnt sleep at all , so started taking in a mornin and still srugling to sleep , i am on zolpidem as well and nothing is workin , any advise pls am so tired but cant sleep
  • Posted

Hi Suzi

How long have you been taking to 40mg in the morning? How do you take the zaleplon? I take one when I wake up in the night. They not as effective if you take one before you go to sleep.

I know everyone says it but try to stick with it. My sleeping is improving slowly.

• Posted

Hi

I have been an insomniac for years and after 3 weeks of taking this drug (in the morning) I am now sleeping better than ever!!! The first couple of weeks were really rocky but I seem to have stabilised now and its just wonderful to sleep soundly!! Stick with it is the only advice I can give because the benefits far outweight the side effects.

Hx :lol:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.