Sleep problems

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone,

Since the symptoms occurred I have been having sleep problems. Interesting enough, I don't feel any pain, but when I wake up at 2 o'clock at night, which happens regularly, I feel sort of tension in my whole body and it's difficult to get to sleep again. Sometimes I feel like heat in my body, some burbling in my stomach. I think H pylori makes this, but don't know how to get rid of it I've had two courses of antibiotics and so far no success. Has anybody else got the same problem ?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi arturas,are you sure it,s H pylori.Antibiotics should have cleared it by now,you don,t think you could have IBS.
    • Posted

I haven't done the final H pylory test yet. But the symptoms seems to have reappeared and similar to those which were before taking antibiotics. It's bloating after whatever you eat, not severe but all the same it remains. Whereas during the course of antibiotics the bloating went away or didn't seem to be a problem. I've lost weight about 20 kilograms and can't regain it even though I my diet is quite normal and icludes boiled pork etc. But I still can't eat many sorts of vegetables for they cause bloating. After X-ray test, doctors say that my ulcer healed a month ago, but I'm still unsure and feel suspicious for disturbed sleep remains. No pain at all, but bubling in the stomach after every time I eat and some constitipation leave me doubtful. Nobody can give even approximate explanation how long this condition will last. 
  • Posted

Hi again arturus,My ulcer isn,t bacterial and i,m on 20mgs Omeprazole(antacid)per day and have been on them for 18months and still get the bloating feeling daily,could still be on them next year as i,ve been told it could be a long slow process although symtoms are not nearly as bad now so stick on in there things do get better in time good luck
    • Posted

Interesting, but in general, has your ulcer healed or not ? My doctors say, that X-ray test shows that my ulcer has healed and no abnormalities have been found, so what could be the reason for that music in the gut ? Why does it keep bubbling an hour after I have eaten something ? Is it a sort aftermath, which will slowly but gradually dissapear ? Being unaware is probably the most annoying thing.  That bubbling continues for an hour or two and then goes away till the next meal. Bloating mainly appears in the evening and lasts about an hour or sometimes two.
    • Posted

Hi arturus,are you on any medication now apart from antibiotics as i still think you could have IBS which i think is caused by nerves in the stomach and worrying does not help.I was diagnosed with it years ago when my stomach used to gurgle like mad and as there are no way of telling if you have IBS if other tests show you are fine and healthy they then put it down to nerves in your gut which causes IBS.It,s not life threatening but very uncomfortable,Mint tea is supposed to help the gut so give that a try it wont do any harm and may work for you,but alot of gut trouble boils down to worry I know it,s easy to say but ulcers and IBS are not life threatening so try not to worry just get on with life,good luck.
    • Posted

I'm not taking antibiotics now. The only medicine I'm taiking is omeprazol in the morning and ranitidin in the evening to kill acidity. I definetly had ulcer, I had gastroscopy and they diagnosed me with duodenal ulcer but now it has healed according to x-ray test. I've lost 20 kg of weight and still fighting to regain it. Omeprazol seems to help a little bit, but  egg shell powder is the best as I noticed. The ulcer is related to stress, I know about it. I really had stress this year and I'm trying to recover from it.  Two days ago I made a change in my diet and now I've noticed some improvement, not sure how long this improvement will last. Started eating rice porridge and egg shell powder and it seems that bloating went away, at least for now.  Thank you for information.
    • Posted

You say you were diagnosed with IBS and do you still have it or it went away ? What were your symptoms ?

I usually have bubbling for an hour then follows mild bloating for an hour and after that everything subsides. These symptoms occur repeatedly usually in the morning before the meal and in the evening after the meal, but I do feel bubbling after lunch but not necessarily bloating.  Of course everything depends on what I eat. Omeprozol seems to have little efect, or its efect is temporal like changes in diet, As for worrying, it is difficult to control and relax yourself because when you feel the symptoms you start worrying and think about them and the symptoms become worse and so it goes in a circle. I agree with you that it somehow related to nerves but it is difficult to figure out what comes first i.e. tension in mind and body or the symptoms.

• Posted

Hi arturus,I first got IBS about 15 years ago and yes it is worrying when you feel ill and you havent a clue what it is,I had blood tests camera down my throat and up the other end but they said i was perfectly healthy and said It must be IBS.Symptoms vary as it took 12 months to go and then i got it back 2 years later but much milder,wether this was because i knew what it was and so wasn,t as worried i dont know.the first time symptoms where bad gurgling in stomach,, bloating,,always feeling like i wanted to go to the toilet,,some times constipated other times couldn,t get their quick enough,once i ate a fried egg 30 seconds later i ran to the toilet and the egg had gone right through(sorry for being so grafic)and i just felt ill all the time.The second time i got it symptoms where milder and it only lasted 3 weeks,and touch wood i havent had it since.But i think it,s definately down to the nervous system and when you realise it,s not life threatening and relax and just get on with life i think your nerves will relax and you,ll feel better.I know it,s hard when you feel ill but try and keep your mind ocupied and you forget about the symtoms.
    • Posted

There is some similarity. What about sleep ? How did you sleep then ? Were any sleep disturbances like waking up at night almost the same time and diffiuclty in getting to sleep again ?
    • Posted

Hi arturus,Not as such I was bloated when i went to sleep and still bloated when i woke up,as i had to get up at 6am every morning i was usually tiered every night so i slept ok.There are many reasons why you could be bloated,i just thought with you having 2 lots of anti-biotics and still feeling rottensadyou could have IBS,But it could be your medication,,is there something you eat or drink every day that could cause you to bloat,,have you tried live yogurt this has live bacteria which is supposed to kill off the bad bacteria which causes bloating.I,ve been on beta-blockers as well as omeprozole never thinking my bloating was anything else but my ulcer untill i read on the AFA sight which i am also on that other people on betas were also feeling bloated.If you are consistantly bloated and the doctor says everything is fine,try cutting out certain foods especially if you have it every day and see after a few days if  you feel better,its a matter of ellimination.
    • Posted

Hi there, eventually, it became clear that I really had IBS. You were right. I suspect it was because of the stress I had suffered and the doctor I visited also pointed out that it was IBS. Now I feel much better and I'd say I have almost recovered from it. I was prescribed Duspatalin and it helped me a little bit. I had also various herbal sedatives like Nervostrong, Persen but what really helped me was raw cow's milk, which I bought from a farmer and drank huge amounts for about a month or little bit more. Since starting milk diet, I have felt considerably better. I have been making kefir from that milk and it also worked fine. Now I can eat anything, apples, bread, fried meat no matter what. No bloating and sleep is getting to normal. What I don't drink is alcohol. By the way, cooked rice and bananas helped me a lot during bad periods.

Cheers,

Arturas

• Posted

Could be a ppi reaction.  If you are taking nexium, prilisec or prevacid, this is a common reaction.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.