Sleep problems

Posted , 9 users are following.

Can anyone advise what is a good dose of Mirt to take at bedtime to get over to sleep and stay asleep till morning. I've been taking 7.5 mg, but was thinking of taking 15 mg tonight as I'm feeling quite anxious.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I take 15 for sleep, anxiety and depression. I just started 2 weeks ago and I’m dreaming again! What does your doctor say?

• Posted

Dr started me on 15mg but after several months reduced me to 7.5mg to try and wean me off then. Can't get appt with Dr until late nxt week so was just thinking about going back up to 15mg until I see him again.

• Posted

I started at 15mg and slept soundly. Now at30mg and still sleep soundly averaging 7+ hours a night.
    • Posted

Hi James, really struggling with the sleeping again that's why I want to increase my dose.

• Posted

Hi Adele.  Hope you’re doing a bit better . How long were you on the 7.5 mg dose  before you felt anxious and couldn’t sleep.  ?. And did you  go back to 15 mg 
  • Posted

Adele

If you haven’t done this before I would check with your doctor.

• Posted

Hi Marion, I did start off on 15mg, but weaned down to 7.5mg, but going through a rough patch just now.
    • Posted

You may be going through a rough patch as you are withdrawing from 15.

How long were you on 15 and how long ago did you drop to 7.5 ?

• Posted

7.5mg each day may work after a few days but I felt groggy in the day as well
  • Posted

Stay on the lowest dose possible they are awful to try and get off 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.