Sleep problems (staying asleep through the night)

Posted , 6 users are following.

So I've noticed I can actually fall asleep without a problem but its the waking up so much in the middle of the night and sometimes with palpitations that bothers me. Is this just another symptom of peri? I don't have bad dreams or anything so I know that's not the problem. Anyone else have this problem?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Valarie

This used to happen to me, waking with palpitations and gasping for breath. I stopped having any caffiene, drink decaf tea and coffee. It is a peri symptom.

I take super stength sage,which has stopped the night sweats,and passionflower before bed and I sleep for a good six hours now without waking. If I go back to sleep after that I have weird dreams.

Hope it settles down for you x

• Posted

This happened to me for about 5 weeks..  I had no idea what was going on and it drove me nuts!!   Sometimes our bodies are going thru something..  Hopefully it won't last long for you.  Prehaps when you wake up in the middle of the night, you can try warm milk...  And there's Cod Liver Butter Oil that promotes a 'better sleep' at night.

• Posted

I would say so. Menopause increases anxiety and disturbs sleep patterns. Do you have any hot flashes during these times that wake you up or having to go to the bathroom those are also typical symptoms as well. Hope you can get some rest.
    • Posted

I believe I may be in peri...not so much meno but yes I have woke up with a sweaty (oily face) and my t shirt drenched in sweat around my chest area.
    • Posted

i've had this for 2 or 3 years now. Cutting out sugar,caffeine and alcohol really help. And I think maybe I'm growing out of it now because it's nowhere near as bad. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.