Sleep Related Painful Erections

Posted , 1 user is following.

After talking to several doctors who had no answer or were completely unhelpful, I am grasping at any straw. Hopefully someone can give me some advice. I feel like I have to state that I am serious and not trolling people on this site when I describe my problem, it is real and has been with me for a year at this point. My problem is when I enter into REM sleep I get an erection that will remain until I wake up and get up and move around. After a month of this I went to my general doctor, a gastroenterologist, and a urologist...all to no avail. My blood pressure is fine, exercise regularly and moderately, low stress lifestyle, balanced diet, no alcohol or smoking, no caffeine after 3pm, no meals late in the evening, good blood testing results, no diabetes, no STDs, no injury... My only problem is the SRPE. Over the last year, I have tried going vegetarian, losing all excess weight, lowering by blood pressure though a better diet....no effect. It only happens in REM sleep. I have researched medical journals and the studies state that there is no known cause or treatment (occasionally baclofen is mildly effective). Please let me know if you know of any information on the topic.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.