Sleep stealer

Posted , 4 users are following.

post menopause nine yrs...I know I’ve posted before about this ..it keeps returning 3/4 nites of the week sleep 6hrs or more then nights in between 2/3 ...it’s worrying me a bit..jus wondered does anyone else have this...is it insomnia or lack of hormones...I don’t have any..when my hfs levels were tested at 42 they were zilch 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Yes I am post menopause and I have six alright nights although I do wake up every two to three hours and the I have a night where I cannot fall asleep until early morning and get like two hours sleep I do take 5mg or 10mg endep to help
    • Posted

My sleep got worse the more I went into post meno....some nites I will get 10 hsrs solid then the next two nights 2/3 hrs...it hasn’t really affected my ability to function or made me feel depressed..it’s just annoying.. I get that to wakin up every two three hrs apparently it’s normal...whilst some of us just drift back off without realising..I’m wide awake lol ...pacing the house...
  • Posted

hi Christine i am 10 years post meno and I am the same way 4-5 nights are great the rest are horrible but I am still able to function the next day
    • Posted

hi I wonder why this is..it seems really common..maybe we dont need as much sleep as what we think....I think post meno was worse for me than peri or meno....maybe it’s because I was young.....,
  • Posted

Hi Christine,I don't sleep much and wondering if you go back sleeping again it's annoying even if it's few hours will help.

• Posted

My sleep isn’t great had two hrs last night....two previous got 6hrs and 7hrs..th..en it will. Go back to 2 then 6hrs it’s weird...how many hrs you get xxx
    • Posted

Hi Christine, not much at all some nights...I slept 3 nights last week this week nothing yet so far hoping to get one tonight..I don't get up I just lay there and rest..but it seems like you are getting some sleep, yes it's weird 

• Posted

I rest as well if. I don’t get surge of adrenaline..this bouts been going on about 2 mths..my mum keeps telling me not to worry it will come back...it slowly is...one. Day I was awake nearly 40 hrs it was horrible...hasn’t happened again...my friend didn’t sleep five nights last wk due to menopause..I write any worries I have in a diary if I have a busy mind..does help...haven’t you slept at all this week.bless ya..I listen to asmr some nites thru my headphones..I’m asleep in seconds I’ve been told .how old are you if you don’t mind me asking.im 51 and have spoke to a lot of women who suffer with sleep 💤 issues

• Posted

Hi Christine I'm 55 years old in Menopause periods end after that couldn't sleep, i miss it terribly, nothing you can do my Dr gave me antidepressants but they just relax me I put Vicks on my forehead and just lay there quiet but sometimes nothing.. Like your mum people told me it will return I really hope so...what kind of surge adreline you experience, and are you in the UK or US 

• Posted

Hi I’m in the uk...I went quiet hyperactive after my periods ended...and the seemed to crash..recent blood tests and urine tests didn’t find anything wrong with my ardrenal glands liver or kidneys... I think cortisol takes over we’re oestrogen and prostegon decline.. I can be lying in bed and wake fully alert like I’ve slept for hrs but only slept two... and want to get up...I slept ten till three last night and then in and out of R.E.M. sleep...try not to worry .. that’s the vicious cycle..worrying about not sleeping.. or associating bed with not sleeping.. they say to get up and read..don’t go to bed till your really tired....are you post meno xxx
    • Posted

Hi yes I'm post meno is that when periods stop..I'm in London,what is your sumptoms,at the moment mine is feeling hot,no sleep Anxiety dry mouth dry skin,Palpitations,funny head there symptoms I had in Peri and came back after periods stop,I'm tired of it now but what can you do,I try to relax but I find my mind is always on myself sometimes do you get this..I wonder if it all ends,I can't work with this until my body calms down..let me know what your ecpdtiencing.

• Posted

I was do tired last night but no shut eye..but as you said don't worry it's not going to solve it..just get frustrated with it all,did your mum had symptoms I guess she's over it 

• Posted

I’ve been post meno nine years early meno at 42 didn’t really experience any symptoms that were to over whelming although anxiety has increase as in the last year along with feelings of suffocation and panic... I have palpatations and ectopics have done most of my life..always been slightly anxious and over sensitive..did become a bit agrophobic recently but I push myself to go out...my sleep has been all over the place last six weeks... endocologist told me symptoms can go on for ten years after your periods stop as hormones will still fluctuate ..my mind has been on myself recently and so it should be..we have to at this time and keep in check...and look after ourselves otherwise who will... y skin has been very drrecently but I know sleep deprivation doesn’t help as body cannot renew itself 
    • Posted

She had early menopause at 42 she only seemed to suffer from hormonal rage lol...I guess back then it wasn’t linked..she’s 70  now.. really fit and just retired..she said if she had any other symptoms she just didnt notice them and busied herself...it wasn’t spoken about so much as it is now..I think many suffered in silence sadly x..my friend said she sleeps on sofa if she can’t sleep in bed
    • Posted

Hi Christine, thanks for telling me..not a wink of sleep last night again..anyway your in the uk if you want to keep in touch with me I can whatsapp you or if not see you on here when ever that is.
    • Posted

Feel for you..it’s nasty.. and can really affect your moods..eventually you will sleep as the body will just give in....my friend swears by magnesium I will speak to you soon...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.