Sleep trouble/vivid dreaming

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone. I've read the entire board. And I too have tried every natural remedy. Im just reaching out in hopes someone has some answers. Entry night I easily fall asleep, but every morning I wake up exhausted. Never feeling rested, eyes are always heavy and hurt from wanting to get more rest. My dreams are always vivid. The only form of medication I take is thyroid replacement, levy thyroxine, because I no longer have a thyroid and I have to replace it. I'm still not sure if my thyroid is linked to all of this. But I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I did a sleep test, normal, blood test, normal (high cholesterol though.) I'm not overweight, but I definitely could eat healthier. Does anyone have any insight on "leaky gut," whether that is related to trouble with sleep? I do have racing thoughts/some anxiety. Anyyy insight would be helpful, thank you. And I'm not willing to take any sleep medication.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kimi, you could be right. LG can affect all our systems.

You say you're on levo-thyroxine after a thyroidectomy, so I assume you're getting blood tests for thyroid hormone levels at least once a year. I'm on it too - but on a lower dose than you. I still have a thyroid gland, but an autoimmune condition started nibbling at it 10 years ago.

I'm currently quite stable, but I still have to have yearly blood tests to make sure my levels are steady. A year or two back, when the main producer of L-thyroxine in my country got the bright idea of changing the formulation, my levels started going all over the place, as did my symptoms, and my doctor put me on four-monthly testing. I'm now stable again, after switching to another brand, and back to once-yearly testing.

You need to talk about all this to the doctor who's overseeing your thyroid problem.

• Posted

What brand did you switch to? My blood levels are normal, but my symptoms are definitely not in check. 
    • Posted

Hi Kimi, I sent you a private message because I don't think they like us mentioning brand names on here. PMs via this site don't expose the email address of either party or carry viruses.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.