Sleeping

Posted , 12 users are following.

Evening. Any ideas on sleeping ?Since going

Through the menopause I'm lucky if I get 3 hours sleep a night. This is not due to hot sweats just cannot sleep. Making my ill as during the day so tierd and not functioning.

1 like, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi. Same thing happens to me which is why I m writing this to you at this time of night! Been asleep for 2.5 hours and now am awake and will be for a couple of hours!! It's horrible. I now meditate when it happens. That seems to work from time to time

• Posted

Lavender oil, rub it on the bottom of your feet before bed.You can also put a few drops in your hands, rub them together and inhale deeply a few times. Meditation helps. Sometimes I put my earbuds in and listen to a thunderstorm(it's an app on my phone). The herb Ashwanghda(sp?). I haven't used it but I hear it works wonders. My doctor prescribed me the antidepressant Trazodone, it helps with sleep issues, but I'm in the process of weaning off it. I take the occasional Valium for anxiety(I don't want to get addicted)and it helps with sleep also. Everyone is different, you have to find what works for you. It's trial and error that's for sure.

• Posted

Check out Peruvian Red Maca. There is a brand that is Peruvian Red Maca for Menopause. If you have a sensitive digestive system use gelatinized Red Maca. Make sure it is grown in Peru. Avoid Peruvian Maca grown in China.

I tried it but it gave me a headache that wouldn't go away until I stopped taking it.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

I'm finding as I get older I need natural fibres to sleep well,they seem to help regulate my temperature way better than synthetics.I also depend on reading a simple familiar novel and having a hot waterbottle as a bit of special self care .

All the best, I hope you find some ideas that help Karen.

• Posted

hi im 59 having exact same problem wake at 1am an lay until 4am so fustrating with other meno symtoms too.....but have now started to use a light sleeping pill for 2 weeks to see if i can break this horrible cycle.... i cant function without sleep.... everything feels better when you sleep well...... i keep a diary and its definitely hormone related.... over ovulation an period times i feel terrible....anxiety around this time is horrible...

• Posted

sorry im 49 reposted message as i dont know how to delete this message
  • Posted

hi im 49 having exact same problem wake at 1am an lay until 4am so fustrating with other meno symtoms too.....but have now started to use a light sleeping pill for 2 weeks to see if i can break this horrible cycle.... i cant function without sleep.... everything feels better when you sleep well...... i keep a diary and its definitely hormone related.... over ovulation an period times i feel terrible....anxiety around this time is horrible...

• Posted

I feel so bad for you. I know others that suffer from this. I have the opposite problem. The minute I lie down, my eyes close. I sleep heavy. Get up to go to the bathroom twice through the night, but fall right back to sleep. The only thing wrong with this is the intense dreams I have. They seem so real that at times I have to think "did I dream that, or did it really happen?"---

• Posted

same me too fall asleep almost in the morning lucky if i get 4 hours
  • Posted

I feel your pain.  I am 49, and the lack of sleep is debilitating.  It wreaks havoc with my other issues, which for years had been under control.....until NOW (anxiety, depression, ocd).  Everything seems to be falling apart, and adding insomnia to the mix is overwhelming.  Wish I could roll up in a ball until this is over.  But I have a job (which I am doing quite badly) and a husband who was just diagnosed with parkinsons.  Just began seeing a therapist, and of course my meds have been "upped"...paxil and ativan.  Meditating, doing breathing exercises, etc.  Praying something will work.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.