Sleeping disorder

Posted , 6 users are following.

Please can someone help me out , I'm 55yrs of age suffering from sleep disorder. This has even cost me everything , I don't even remember when I had a good sleep in the past 3months . Before the I hardly watch a movie to the end , In the first 30 minutes I'm already felling sleepy . This is to show how good it was before , I've taken so many medications and supliment that worked for a while , I'm really getting worried as I've lost weight in the process. I just got another job few days ago thinking i can manage as i lost the former job three months ago. I started another job three days ago Still with no sleep, thinking about not going today as I have not slept. My brain is not shutting off while I'm ready to sleep . I'm the process different thoughts keep flowing into my mind . Please can anyone help me to gain my life back

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Larry,

I can suggest a few things...things that I have tried that have not worked for me..and some that work on ocassion...just because they didnt work for me doesn't mean they haven't worked for other people.

What have you tried so far?

• Posted

Thanks for your prompt response, I've tried zolpidem , metalonin , lekam and some other supliments

• Posted

Try relaxation techniques in the day so you can employ them at night.  Particularly deep breathing.  Magnesium citrate and magnesium oil help the body to relax.  Important to relax before going to bed and exercise eg walking in the day can help.  Cut down on non work activities for now 
  • Posted

Larry,

I'd like to help you but need some information about you and your lifestyle to do so. Please answer the following questions in detail and I will give you as much advice as I can.

*Are you currently taking any medication?

*Is there anything on your mind that is bothering you? (Be honest)

*Do you suffer from stress, anxiety or depression?

*How often do you exercise?

*Do you smoke or drink regularly?

*Do you smoke weed?

*Would you consider your diet good or bad?

*Do you consume much caffeine?

Hang in there and don't quit your job.

Lee.

• Posted

Currently I'm on metalonin , I don't smoke not drink . I'm a nervourse person

• Posted

Larry,

Going to need a bit more info if I am to help you. Like a doctor, without knowing your habits/issues I simply can't diagnose the problem.

Melatonin is pretty much useless in pill form, you should be trying to produce natural melatonin from the foods you consume. It's good that you don't drink or smoke because both of those can affect sleep. Regular exercise and a good diet is very important, try starting with that. Oh and discontinue any medication unless you really need it (I'm talking about Z drugs and other sleep meds/antidepressants)

You say you worry a lot. Over thinking and worrying about things that are out of your control is probably the number one sleep killer. I know it's difficult to switch off but if you can't do anything about it don't torture yourself just make peace with it. On the other hand if it's something you can change then do something about it, you will be able to relax a lot easier.

If you are worried about losing weight then try having a few high calorie protein shakes a day. You can buy them from most stores nowadays and are a good addition to a healthy diet. Try and avoid the ones that contain lots of sugar..

Improvement won't just happen over night, it will take as long as it takes. The key here is to stick with a plan and don't give up when you have a bad day.

Good luck,

Lee.

• Posted

With regards to your loosing weight due to lack of sleep, you should take a vitamin supplement which is iron and vitamin C in order to support your health. Also, try to meditate and relax your mind. Another thing I would suggest, you try some exercises or do some workouts in order to work your muscles more and for your lifestyle to be active enough. Because of your rigorous activities during the day, your body will feel very tired and helpless which will be ready enough to submit to rest for a deep sleep the whole night. Also, try to relax your mind before going to sleep since i guess one reason also may be because of overthinking. So try to empty your minds beforehand and maybe a cup of milk will help as well.

​If these suggestions of mine will not soothe you and you think your condition just get worsen, try to see your doctor already. Maybe its aready insomnia that you are feeling right now and he has a better medication for you with regards to your condition.

• Posted

It is very difficult to shut the mind down, people say relax but that is impossible. When the mind is so active, I,ve taken many sleep medications on and off through the years but still sleep evades me, I get good and bad nights. I worked all my life and brought up 3 children, I just had to cope with it, not easy!    I don,t know the answer because I haven,t found it myself, sometimes if I have something on my mind I cannot sleep.  You have work , I found the pressure of surviving through the day on little sleep caused me to get anxious so I failed to relax enough to get a good night, I,m retired now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.