Sleeping elevated

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've tried the wedge and sleeping on couch recliner sitting up but still waking middle night severe acid - any more suggestions - has anyone actually purchased a special bed or hospital bed ?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have tried to elevate the bed too but just kept sliding down and feels very odd plus bed doesn't seem to like it rolleyes.

I have been sleeping on a recliner for about a week now and scared to lie flat in case the reflux comes back. I'm surprised this hasn't made a difference to you? Are you taking enough meds and are you eating late perhaps?

• Posted

I start sleeping on the recliner, but halfway through the night find myself, laying flat, on rest of couch, and find if I go to sleep around midnight, around 3:30 start waking up with acid. I just started taking motilium, and still on ppi, and not eating after 7 at night. I'm thinking even a glass of water I probably should NOT have. Still thinking of investing in a "bed" as I'm sure this will be a way of life being chronic not cure.

• Posted

Try Pepzin at night - caps - it acts like a bandaid on the tum and coats it and heals it.  Cant put which brand - also Mastic Gum heals - again caps.  I take Zantac am and pm along with the mastic pm and a Pepzin - dont often have a prob at night.  I have Hernia/GERD/reflux.
  • Posted

I've thought about a special bed but very expensive! I've got a routine going on the recliner with a pillow under each arm and one behind my head and it stops me rolling on to my side.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.