Sleeping hallucinations

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been struggling with visions and/images just as I am falling asleep though I am still aware of what's around me. Sometimes sounds but when I m fully awake, it's normal. I am normal during the day and while working. These "phenomena" occurs every time I am about to fall asleep. And it frightens me adding to my anxiety bec what if I will wake up not in my normal self? Please help.. thank you

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Vinbux, I don't know anything about this, but I wanted to encourage you to stay with this forum. It's a group of very caring, knowledgeable, people. Good for you for finding the site and putting your problem out there. If no one has responded in a few more hours, re word your headline and post again. It will be alright, you just don't know how yet. Hang in there.

• Posted

I would say that it is your nerves causing your sleeplessness and just try to go with your fears to overcome it and sleep. Easier said than done but it is possible to overcome your fears if you apply yourself.
    • Posted

Was it Churchill that said we have nothing to fear but fear itself. Fear can paralyze us to the point we don't have control of our thoughts at all. Fear is not a real thing. It is part of anxiety. Try doing something very calming before bed..a bath, soothing music, warm milk with honey, etc. I put on soft music or ocean sounds that play all night. That really, really helps when my mind decides it doesn't want to go to sleep. (just like a little kid)

• Posted

Thank you.. it is really hard. I have had insomnia for two years already. My mind is so foggy.
    • Posted

There's one other thing that works just about every time. I go to the sofa with a pillow and blanket (When I was a child and was sick, mom put me on the sofa-very comforting), put on the tv, something dull on a channel with no commercials that blast you awake, turn the sound low and off to sleep I go in a comforting place with a comforting murmur in the background. The past two weeks have been so bad at night that I've done this every night. It works. If I wake up during the night, the murmur is there, I sometimes get a small bowl of cereal, lay back down and off I go again. The sofa thing has worked for many years when for whatever reason I know sleep would be hard to find. I will probably be there again tonight. insomnia is my bugaboo, alsoeek. Be well.

• Posted

I wish I have that comfort place. You see I'm working from from home. Tsk..tsk..

• Posted

Excuse me if I'm being dense, but you said you are working from home. Does that mean you have no sofa, or have a family, so sleeping in the living room or den won't work?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.