Sleeping in recliner is much easier and much less aches and soreness cor me the next day

Posted , 7 users are following.

Went from recliner to the bed with pillow between my legs and it has caused much more aches and soreness for me the next day..Mostly near and around the hip incision area..assuming this is normal..going back to my recliner tonight. Thoughts?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You may just be suffering from fixed position differences.
  • Posted

I spent a lot of nights the first month in a recliner. It will get better
  • Posted

My recliner was wonderful, but you do need to keep moving, otherwise stiffness sets in.

Get up occasionally, make a cup of tea or coffee, "every little helps".

• Posted

I slept in the recliner for 2 weeks after surgery. Even after I slept in the bed (on my back) after that, when I'd wake up at 6 AM (bathroom needed), I'd go to the recliner to get more sleep. Sometimes when sleeping on my back I'd wake up with achy neck and shoulder so would get up and go the recliner.

Most important is comfort and getting important, needed sleep.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.