Sleeping most hours of the day please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

When I fall asleep I dream very vividly! When it's time to wake the best way to describe it is I feel as though I am comitosted, I can here my mother calling me to get up but I have that feeling of not beeing able to phyisically move or even open my eyes then I have that same feeling of fainting putting me back into that dream state! I usually will sleep for sixteen hours half of the month apppox. I can't live like this anymore and because I live with my mother she thinks I'm just lazy this living arrangement can't last, and I really don't have anywhere else to go! Please any help, thoughts, suggestion would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry I should have mentioned my other health problems I suffer from trauma major depression, anxiety, and insomnia. I do take medication for these mental health disorders.
  • Posted

There is a condition that I have that can cause Extreme Fatigue, Anxiety, and Depression. It called May-Thurner Syndrome (Left Iliac Vein Compression). It's been causing me Chronic Fatigue, Anxiety, and Depression for the past 25 years. I had a stent placed recently for this condition and almost overnight the anxiety was all but gone, the fatigue started to fade, and every other problems I was having were gone within days. It's possible that if you have this condition, a simple stenting procedure could give you great relief from your symptoms. An Interventional Radiologist might be a good doctor to go see.

• Posted

I am so glad to hear that you got a proper diagnosis and that you have had such relief! I will definitely will be looking into this disorder, it would be awesome to have such relief of these symptoms we described! Thank you so much for responding with such possible positive news! Many thans and I am glad your on the right track! All the best
    • Posted

No worries! I just reread your post and it sounds like your having Hypnogogic Hallucinations and Sleep Paralysis as well which can be associated with Narcalepsy. What's crazy is that after I had the stent for May-Thurner, I haven't had these problems either. Makes me wonder if this condition could possibly cause Narcalepsy and CFS. Hope you find some answers!!

• Posted

Hello Jim, I have done a bit of research on narcelepsy and yes I think you right! I am going to get a referral to the sleep clinic. I looked into May - Thurber syndrome but I don't have problems with swelling or pain redness in my leg. Do you know if they would still give me a stent for my other symptoms? I hope I will still have a place to live tomorrow causing much anxiety when someone in your family doesn't understand mental health problems or physical for that matter! It just makes me feel like I'm a terrible person and that I am not good enough!

• Posted

That's the problem with May-Thurner Syndrome. It's only known for blood clots or swelling of the leg but I've never had those. I still had severe compression of my Iliac Vein but no obvious symptoms so no doctor would think of this condition. There is a connection between Narcalepsy and May-Thurner too. MS is the 5th leading cause of Narcalepsy. One doctor did a study of MS patients and found that 70% had MTS. That's extremely high considering it's normally only seen in around 10-15% of the normal population. It's possible a doctor may place a stent even if there's no leg swelling. Mine did. As long as there is significant compression of the vein the doctor should be able to perform the procedure. Don't worry you're not alone or lazy! And it's definitely not in your head! That's what crazy doctors think haha

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.