Sleeping pills and dryness

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone know of a sleeping pill that does NOT have the side effect of dryness?

(Please no preaching about not taking sleeping pills at all. Not an option)

2 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HI Shira  > I have gone  into a second phase dry throat all the time and sore....I think i can go through anything but this ..i took nexum maybe its from my GERD....I also beeento 4 doctors ,they say im crazy and nothing is wrong....I do not belive this and if i have to have biopsy. My husband thinks t=its all in my heady the nosaliva the ftigue the dry eyes and etc.......This is amazing...I also notice when i walk i sometimes have a little balance problem??????Thank you for posts  i do take half valium to elax dry mouth yet y=i need it
    • Posted

Hi Suncat, Valium causes dizzyness so that might be the source of your balance problems. I have noticed medications make my dry mouth sooo much worse! I took Singulair (antihistamine) and deveoped painful sores inside my mouth within 2 days. I understand you're taking meds for a reason but I wonder if your dryness symptoms would improve greatly if you would stop them all for a few days. They could be the source of much of what you're experiencing and new ones without these side effects could be prescribed instead. 
    • Posted

im only takinf a halfo.5   my balance is i walk and feel like a liitle instepis of not all th e time.  dryness is with anything   i took nexum and helped. yet dry also.  i need some meds to keep comfortable///also vitamins flax seed vitamin d  need protein drinks do not know what kind to get for weight gain...thank you for all  your support.   also gthe heat mkaes it hard to breath isthiscommon with a otof people???

if i go out side????smells are very intense also

• Posted

Update: My GP could not answer this question and was unaware sleeping pills even had such a side effect.
  • Posted

DOES THIS GET ANY BETTER AND YOU CAMN LIVE ANORMAL LIFE

• Posted

Suncat- this thread is about sleeping pills. Please refrain from posting questions that are not related to the thread's topic.
    • Posted

Poor suncat..i noticed your fairly new...yes in time it either gets better or you learn better how to live with it..ive had it over 20

years diagnosed 10 years before that...i feel good now most of the time- its like it goes into remission..i just get bad flare ups now...the worst part is getting put on the right medication, hope you hget some relief soon suncat..be blessed and have a nice day.😚xxxx

• Posted

If you take them for pain and sleep..ive been on Amithriptilyne for16 years no increase same dosage...great sleep...no pain...a tad

Longish to get the dosage right for you,.but its great..😚 no dry

mouth i have Sorgrens Syndrome too and that will dry everything out but with this med its good...hope you get answers..shira..i

couldnt sleep at all without these so no preaching here, just

empathy...its on this site too..be blessed have a lovely day..😎

• Posted

Hi Christine, I've actually tried Amithriptilyne and yes it got me to sleep, but it also increased my dryness unfortunately.
    • Posted

O' POOR YOU SHIRA 😡.I just porobably dont notice...with having

Sorgrens too....because i use a mouth moisturiser, there must be something active in these meds that do this..sorry i couldnt

help..hope you find some helpful information...be blessed, have

a lovely day shira..😙

• Posted

Thank you Christine! Which mouth moisturizer do you use?
    • Posted

Hamilton...AQUAE dry mouth spray,

but there are lots of different ones, sold in chemists

evverywhere. I have used over the years many different

ones, this one is the pleasant tasting one.😚

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.