Sleeping positions after Orif surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello i had trimalleolar ankle fracture 28/12/2022 but unfortunately because of the swelling Dr could not operate until 10/1/2023

everything is going good so far stitches aren't off yet i guess 4 more days to go..

my question is is it ok to sleep on the side i tried sleeping on my back first few days after surgery but its impossible..

i got tired and i do sleep on my side now..

no pain so far does this mean im good

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

sleeping on my back after hip surgery was torture. years later more joint replacement surgery i now have no problem sleeping on my back. positioning lots of small pillows under legs in right places heels,dont touch the bed...and shoulders supported by side small pillows has made a huge difference. it takes time to get thru ankle surgery. i broke one ankle and tore ligaments in the other at once by stepping down one step.. yikes..last year. again positioning small 14"x14"pillows in the right places for support makes a world of difference.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.