Sleeping problems

Posted , 7 users are following.

i have not slept a full night for 8 weeks, I wake up between 2 and 4 times a night. I can fall a sleep but just not stay a sleep. The doctor won't give me sleeping tablets, wants my body to adjust. Does anybody take over the counter sleeping tablets?

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have really bad insomnia and even over the counter meds don't work. Even didn't sleep for 24 hours once and had work. I'm off all meds now andlove sleeping. Ur not alone x
  • Posted

Your best bet is a sleep aid containing Valerian which is a natural sleep aid, buy some lavender oil also and put a couple of drops on your pillow.

Waking a few times during night is perfectly normal, we all wake but it's if you struggle to get back off again.

N

• Posted

I would NOT take Valerian or any natural sleep aid without checking with the pharmacist first. Some meds react really badly with Valerian and also St John's Wort!
    • Posted

Exceptt lavender on your pillow is ok 
  • Posted

Hi I presume you are in the UK?   I know doctors here won't give out sleeping pills unless for dire emergencies coz I asked for some.  Instead I was given an ad called mirtazapine which makes me sleepy enough to help.  Ask your doctor for something like this instead.  

My sleep was worse than yours though as I was waking around 6 times a night and

it could take me hours to get to sleep as well.   x

• Posted

Geoogle more home remedies including Lavender drops on pillow ,its really horrible when you cant sleep as you feel you are the  only one awake but there are other alternatives,make sure your pillow is cold that also helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.