Sleeping problems - insomnia?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I suffer with depression & anxiety. I'm particularly having problems with anxiety more than depression right now but functioning OK. And I say OK because I'm really having a bad time not sleeping. Too much on my mind. Can anybody suggest anything please? I'm getting desperate. I'm keeping active everyday & not having naps. I'm going to book in to see my gp tomorrow but just asking if anybody got any advice?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Too much on your mind?

I suggest that you get a small note book and write everything that is bothering you. Then write a list of baby step to improve the situation using you rational mind. Then Apply NO MORE than one baby step everyday or every two days. These steps don’t have to be difficult or too challenging. If they are, you are going to stress about them. 

You are stressed because you feel like you have too many things to fix and not enough time. Give yourself time, a lot lot lot of time and stop wasting your time doing things that are not truly beneficial for you.

Try to eat more veggies, it made a big difference for me.

I hope it helps and remember, stress is another word for disorganized.

It’s your body way of telling you that you need to get clear once and for all on what you want and need. 

• Posted

If it’s any consolation my heart pounds at night because I’m worried about not sleeping.  I seem to be able to cope quite well with work and life stresses generally but this is a physiological response over 25 years and is difficult to shift.  I’m retiring in March so help lack of work stress will help.  I have given up antidepressants as they don’t address my own particular problem.   I take Amitriptyline as prescribed by the doctor instead and it helps me feel drowsy. 10 mg to 20 Mg per night. Hope this helps. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.