Sleeping through SVT?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've read about people being woken from sleep while having an SVT episode. But has anyone here entirely slept through an SVT episode?

I woke up this morning and looked at my fitbit app (I do step-challenges with friends) and noticed that the app said I'd already had a significant amount of active minutes. I went through and looked at my HR while I slept (fitbit is not accurate for HR, but can catch when it's high) and lo and behold I slept through an entire 3 hour episode last night. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

That's scary!! Hope all is ok.. dis you contact your doctor and if so what did they say?

• Posted

Just to say don't take fit bit to be 100 percent right. I've had svt episodes that it doesnt even register...and other times if I move my arm quickly and the motion of my hand moving can make the monitor on Fitbit say your heart beat has gone up...it has caught them occasionally though.And it indicates I do a lot more excersise in 'fat burn' than I actually do. ( It could it be that its picking up on mild svt episodes that makes it think I'm excersising....I don't know)...

• Posted

Yeah like I said in my first post fitbit isn't that accurate for HR. It does pick up episodes pretty well for me as mine usually last at least an hour, but usually about 20-40 bpm lower than the actual HR.

• Posted

I usually wake up from it, accompanied with a bad dream, but I never thought about NOT waking up during it, until now. I don't wear a fitbit, so how would I know....interesting.    

• Posted

Same thing happened to me the other night. I woke up about 5am with my heart racing and took a tablet ( still waiting for my ablation) . When I checked the Fitbit app later it said the episode had lasted a total of 4 hours, but I'd only woken right at the end of it. Reassuring it's happened to others!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.