sleeping too hot at night and wake with headache/dehydration

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I sleep too hot and wake up with dehydration/headache.  It's starts in the winter when the nights get cooler and I need to use a quit.  When its the summer and i use a sheet/nothing i don't wake with a headache.  Can anyone recommend any cooling bedding or any other advice? 

Thanks 

Thanks 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Alex, just don't use a quilt! I've never been able to use one either. They make me far too hot and uncomfortable. Also, if I stick an arm or a leg out from under the quilt to cool off, that part of me gets too cold while the rest is still too hot! I think they're dreadful things.

I suspect you're very young, and of a pre-quilt generation. There are these things called sheets and blankets that we used in the old days - and some of us still do. Try sleeping under a sheet and a light blanket, with a heavier blanket or rug folded at the bottom of the bed. That way, you can pull up the extra blanket and push it off at need during the night.

• Posted

Thanks Lilly, I'm not so young 35.  I am doing just that now: I tend to use a sheet and then pull a woolley sheet over me, however the wooley sheet is too hot.  Any recommendations for blankets?

Thanks

• Posted

I found the cause of the dehydration.  It was a migraine that was making me dehydrated.  I took a tripton and now feeling much better.  I still don't know the trigger for the migraine but at least i feel better and thought it would be good to share. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.