sleeping too much

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been on Mirtazapine for nearly a year now. I am on 45mg a day which I generally take at 9pm most evenings. My problem is I sleep for so long, most days about 12hrs as when I wake up each day I am soooo tired that I tend to go back to sleep for more hours. Is this suppose to be the case? Has anyone else experienced this. I am off work with stree at the moment so I do have the time to sleep. I am just worried that when I do go back to work i won't be able to get out of bed in the morning. Any advice or comments welsome.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Not me i'm afraid.

I barely sleep at all,even with zopiclone twice maximum and mirtazapine

I'd be happy to swap places with ya for a while?

• Posted

I'm on 30mg. Have been on this drug a long time before a recent break. Originally was also on 45mg. Despite what people say about being more sedative at low doses my experience doesn't confirm this. I feel less groggy and sleepy on a lower dose. Just thought I'd mention that.

Have you tried forcing yourself to get up earlier? I have to set 2 alarm clocks to make sure I get up. Its a good idea to put one on the far side of the room so you are forced to get up and switch it off. Personally I don't think its good to sleep for more than 8 hours unless you have been very busy/active. A bike ride or walk in the morning might help wake you up. Could you try taking the tablet even earlier. My experience is that after a while I can take my tablet even in the day and it doesn't really make me sleepy.

• Posted

thanks. I will try to take it earlier. I have taken it at 8pm the last couple of nights and it has been slightly better, so I may try it at 7pm and keep going down an hour until I find a suitable time. Thanks again for the advice
  • Posted

No wonder you sleep so long on 45mg - I take 15mg at night and last night slept for 12 hours. Waste of 4 hours of life. But I had good and interesting dreams.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.