Sleeping with archilles tendon

Posted , 2 users are following.

must i sleep with my back because im use to sleeping with stomach and what does it take for the achilles to heal asap.thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hard to say. You need to be a little more specific depending on the degree of the injury to your Achilles. Is it just inflamed? Is it torn or ruptured? Did you have to have surgery? And as far as sleeping, try placing a pillow under your foot. It helped me tremendously to where I could sleep in any position.

I had to have surgery twice. 1st time was for a small tear, recovered in 4 months. 2nd time 1 week past my 4 month recovery of 1st surgery, completely ruptured Achilles and fractured my Calcaneous ( heel bone ). This time the recovery has been long and tedious. Next month, it will be a year since the last surgery and I am still not at 100%. You would really need to discuss this with your Orthopedic Doctor. Everyone's recovery is different. But I will say it depends on the severity of the injury and what was done as to how fast it will heal.

Good luck to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.