Sleeping with V pillow

Posted , 5 users are following.

To anyone who uses a V pillow along with normal pillows to enable them to sleep more upright to help breathing.

Do you have a normal pillow in front of the V pillow or behind it?.

And do you feel the V pillow helps or do you prefer a wedge under the pillow?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Andrew.

Yes I also use a V pillow with the normal pillow under it.

I Find that I tend to " cuddle " the V pillow and of course this also seems to change my lung  possition. My be its just me ? but who cares. If it works use it. Been doing this for many years now and it also raises your chest.

Hope this lets you know you are not alone in trying things out.

Regards  Robert.

• Posted

Thanks Robert,

Yes i use it in the same manner, normal pillowbehind and cuddle the V-Pillow, im surprised as its only taken me since just before xmas to get used to sleeping upright after 38 years of sleeping flat as a board with only 1 thin pillow.

now i am used to sleeping in the upright sitting position with a v-pillow i find i wake up more refreshed with clear breathing and sinuses.

• Posted

Hi Andrew 

Supprising how small changes really help. These are the things that the physio's don't seem t know or certainly never tel you.

I really am getting a bit fed up with the current " one size fits all " attitude to the physio's. I now just "look, learn and listen " to educate myself with the disease and use forums such as this. BUT don't become a doctor google. ! 

Regards  Robert

• Posted

I've never heard of the V pillow. I have SEVERE back problems and am restricted on how I can sleep. Where can I finding info on this pillow?

• Posted

put V pillow into search box of that very well known on line store beginning with 'Am' and ending 'on'  wink

sae for neck hook or neck pillow if you are wanting to see what that is all about.  Although I suspect the V pillow or body pillow may suit tou better with back problems.

If you are UK do check with your doctor first, you may even be able to get something prescribed, from physio or something recommended from back pain clinic.

Bes wishes V

• Posted

I don't use a V pillow but I have several other pillows, 2 normal size pillow stacked on each other, below that a lumbar support pillow, on top of the 2 normal pillows, a half pillow (size of cusion) and on top of that my neck hook.

I think the V pillow would be a good idea through and they are very reasoably priced .  I would say put the normal pillow behind the V pillow so that the V pillow is on top.

I find with the wedge I kept sliding off it and ended up with my feet hanging out the end of the bed which is why I use what I do now.

• Posted

I got my V-Pillow for £12 in Aldi's of all places when they had a special week of care and disabled devices and aids.

I get my v pillow cases from eBay for £5 each delivered. I prefer brushed cotton or soft flannelette as it holds more of the febreeze sleep spray than the smooth cotton.

• Posted

You can breathe around any febreeze product? Not only does it make me cough, it makes my throat close/nose & sinuses go berserk, and I get an instant migraine.

• Posted

Yes, I find the febreeze sleep serenity bedding spray in milk and honey is like levendar in that it helps me fall asleep, it was designed for that. I understand a lot of folk won't be able to breathe well with the smell of sprays but this stuff does exactly what it says on the bottle its great!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.