Sleeping with vertigo dizziness

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all

its pretty scary when we first get these symptoms. I remember at night thinking what is this? Tingling light headiness scared me. Worried about going to sleep thought it was my heart. Since having the symptoms strange wave sensations, noisen, flashes of lights,black lines and circles the list goes on. Some nights I'd sleep ok some were horrid. Pillows up and down. So I thought if we could share our personal experiences we could reassure each other that this is what comes with this condition. Maybe how we cope.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi liz11458.

Yes I used to hate going to sleep when was first diagnosed because some nights were hellish. Even just turning over in bed would set me off. Similar symptoms to yours bedtime however I do seem to be really good for ages then have couple rubbish weeks. My tablets are good and working which I think helps also the fact that I don't stress about it anymore unless I was to have a different symptom to what I normally get. Stress Defo makes worse

• Posted

I have the light flashes and black dots and lines too! Glad to know I'm not alone cause lately I've been thinking it meant something really bad even tho I've been to the ophthalmologist about it.

Guess that underlying anxiety never really goes away. I wonder why we have it tho?

• Posted

That's me at moment Liz. Can't sleep. Feel like I'm on a rough sea

• Posted

Hi everyone

thanks for your comments. This will reassure those new to this and us that have had it so long that it's not just something one person has and not to be frighten by it like we all were to start with. The anxiety and depression that comes with this all day every day and nights were we just want to sleep but

can't worries us even more. The add noises tinnitus ringing in our ears, some like static electricity pounding away is just unbearable. But if now know we all have this then we can beat it by not getting so stressed, taking medication to help us in some cases to sleep. Say to yourself if you can I'm not going to let you get the better of me go away. I'm starting to have better nights now since I found my scans were ok. So always get yourself checked as soon as you can. Take care everyone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.