sleepless nights 😒

Posted , 7 users are following.

Just wondering if anyone had tips for sleeping at night? I've been suffering with sciatica for about 2 weeks now. It started with a back muscle injury about a month & 1/2 ago which I ignored and has caused sciatica 😞

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hiya Fitmumbec87,

I took Naproxen about half an hour before going to bed helped me.

Hope you start to feel better soon & a good night's sleep! ☺

Tasha

• Posted

Hi,

My best advice is to sleep with a pillow wedged between your knees, this helps to keep your hips aligned and takes the pressure off the joints. My physio recommends sleeping on my back but for me it's not possible as it causes me too much pain. I've always been a side sleeper so the pillow wedge works great.Β 

I've had sciatica for a year now and eventually you find ways to make sleep more comfortable.Β 

If heat helps your pain then a hot water bottle on the lower back area can help too. I make sure I take my meds an hour before bed so they kick in when I need to sleep.

I don't know if you are currently taking any pain relief for your pain but if you are then getting the night time timing right helps alot.

Best of luck to you and I hope you get your condition treated quickly and get well soon.

Rachel smile

• Posted

Have you tried a tens machine , that can help combined with heat it may help. I think with the advice from others have given i hope you get some relief.

Its an awful condition, had it 3 times in 4 years and have it now in both legs. I could scream. My tens machine helps. I also have some stretches from the physio that help. a bit

good luck :-)

• Posted

Thankyou everybody, will give the pillow a try 😊
  • Posted

Sorry to hear that but i have also been having sciatica for over two weeks cant walk stand sit just lay in bed its depressing
  • Posted

Amitriptyline but watch out for weight gain or loss been a life saver for me as before i was getting no sleep at all does take a few hours to work but does work well for me only had 2 -3 bad nights with no sleepΒ 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.