Sleepless Nights

Posted , 6 users are following.

And the story seems never to abate.  I have osteoarthitis (knees, feet) but now at night in bed I can no longer sleep on my right shoulder without pain, and this seems to extend to the arm also.

The left shoulder is somewhat better thank God.

It's such an awful sensation that has crept up- not tremors but silent light pain.  Going to rheumatologist in a week, but feel LOST.  Hate the body's betrayal with everything else going on.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Louise

Boy. Do I feel for you. My right shoulder was the begging sign of FM & consulted family dr then Ortho Dr. Two yrs prior right shoulder had to be completely replaced after I fell into wall. Crushed & rm dislocated entire right shoulder. This pain was far worse than when accident happened and after surgery. Surgery was a breeze. Like I said, I can really relate.I feel your pain. X Ray's were taken & Dr couldn't find nothing wrong. What are you taking now for FM if anything? Know u r seeing Dr in a long dreaded week. Here in states, they have creams for sore muscles & arthritis. Names such as ASPERCREME, BEN GAY & ICY HIT. Lived on this for my shoulder that besides headaches which soon were diagnosed as chronic migraines (everyday 2x a day). 2 years ifhis. Went thru gammet if numerous med's, nerve block & NEVER AGAUN THIS PRODYCT SHOULD BE BANNED IFF THE MARKET "BOTOX". I suffered such horrible side effects I wanted to di. I was daily desperately calling my Neurologist to no avail. She was pregnant& didn't assign no other Dr her case load. Finally prescribed Lyrica. Here in UsA, if you have insurance, it's covered fully. Government insurance (me) co-pay $300+. Couldn't afford it. 3 days later finally prescribed gapapentin. Git relief & shoulder & all these odd painful aches, all over my body disappeared. That was last Jan. Diagnosed in May with FM & CFS + etc..... There is medicine out there to help u. Just bate patience. God bless you. I'll say a prayer for u everyday hoping for lessening pain or relief. Sending lots of (((()))).. Sorry I wrote so much. None of med's ate working for migraines, CFS, OSTEOARTHRITIS in most of body, depression, anxiety & thyroid. Read this site for encouraging words & know there r others off worse than me. Best wishes to you'm

• Posted

Hi Cheryl, 

Thank you and everyone else for your encouraging words.  I feel like I'm not alone in this and it helps greatly.  I will definitely check on the Gapapentin.  So sorry about your migraines and sending a prayer to you also.  God Bless.

• Posted

I have had knee pain foot pain breast pain and swelling I hurt when I sleep so bad it sucks so bad I feel sick from all this pain it's not fun and my chest hurts bad I think it has to do with my swelling and my boob I'm tired feeling like this when I breath it hurts my breast plate I hate swelling it hurts and being in pain is no fun I'm trying to get into the Mayo Clinic hope I here from them soon I feel for you it's like doctor think nothing wrong when I know there is I feel it

• Posted

Have you been prescribed any medications? If so what? Any of them Motri for swelling? Oh my I also feel your pain. I too hope you hear from the Mayo Clinic. I would call them every day to get in to see them for desperatel help. Good luck & gentle hugs(((())))(!!!😙xxxx

• Posted

Hi Louise, I have had fibro for about 9 years, and about 18 months ago became unable to sleep on my right shoulder, and had pain in the upper arm as well, which I had during the day too. I saw my GP who diagnosed shoulder impingement syndrome. I was referred to my local hospital and had a steroid injection under ultrasound. The effect was immediate, I was really impressed. Yours may not be that of course, but thought it was worth a mention. Nil desperandum, we all know that fibro gets you down, but try to stay positive. Hugs xx
    • Posted

Thanks for that advice Jeanne - will absolutely check into that option.  I was a perky strong woman in the past, and will stop moaning to my husband which only brings him down too.  And also will stop comparing myself to friends who are 10 years older bouncing around PAIN-FREE.
  • Posted

Hi

Does anyone take duloxetine for fibromyal. Does it work and how long to get in system

Thanks

• Posted

I'm feeling for you. I have the pain in both shoulders, very bad. I have trouble sleeping on either side because of it but I can't sleep on my back as it inhibits my breathing and I can't sleep on my tummy as it puts my back out!!! I hope you get some help really soon, gentle hugs n keep your chin up xx.

• Posted

OMG, do I feel 4 U!! How can or do U sleep? U poor thing! Do you sleep in a chair. Is this a nightly ioccurance? Besides the migraines, it was my right shoulder pain that kept waking me during the night. This was the awaking ioccurance of FM. (WASN'T diagnosed until 14 months later). Even saw Orthopedic Dr. who couldn't find anything wrong after x-ray. Prescribed Motrin. I too cannot sleep on back. All I can say is I am so sorry that u are suffering so much. Let's hope & pray you find relief soon. Xoxoxo

• Posted

Just googled up the many symptoms of this unspeakable disease.  Yes, I realize Google is NOT my friend, but it stated vision may be affected.  Mine is fine at this point - Dippy, any symptoms you have in that area?

Going to bed at night used to be a wonderful relaxing time, and after all you mentioned, it seems not unlike a torture chamber.  Why oh why can't we at least get a peaceful break in bed??  HUGS to you also.

• Posted

Hi Cheryl, yes I do sleep but it's certainly not a refreshing sleep. I feel worn out and exhausted every day. I honestly don't now what to add!!! This fibro is the pits sad

• Posted

Louise, fibro is set to test us and we have to try and conquer it. But, I honestly don't think we will. I have to admit that I am not one of the really bad suffers of fibro. I know of others that have trouble functioning at all but I just feel s###house most of the time. I am in the early stages and I know I will get worse but I will cope with it as it comes. I wish you every bit of luck with your journey. xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.