Sleepy on Sertraline

Posted , 3 users are following.

Anybody else getting sleepy taking this? I started 50mg 2 days ago and am allways tired. Slept through my alarm this morning! Also do they work? I have depression, anxiety and panic attacks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi just read your message and thought 9 months ago I felt excactly the same as you. I also had depression,panic attacks and anxiety. The anxiety was so bad I was off work for 8 months. However dose the medication work you ask? The first thing to remember is that this medication takes time to work. You need to stay very possative and have faith in the medication. The first 4 days were the worse for me with side effects,after 4 day I still had side effects but they were more bearable. After a coupleof weeks I noticed I started to enjoy watching the television and felt a lot more relaxed. After six weeks I was able to start going out again with out having a panic attack and feeling anxious. After 8/9 weeks I was able to get onto public transport and go back to work. I went to greece in september for two weeks and had a fantastic time. So as far as Im concerned the medication really dose work. But you do need to give the medication time. I'm glad I did. In 5/6 weeks I hope you feel so much better. Lucky.
  • Posted

Hi there. I'm new here but am not new to this topic. This is the third time I have suffered with depression in the past ten years. I too am really tired with the meds, I've been takin my tablet really early but then when it gets to around 1pm I'm shattered, yet later on I can't seem to get to sleep. Find I'm getting in bed around 2am and I'm wide awake at 6am! I've only been on them for 2 wks yet, so I know the best is yet to come. I've got a few zopiclone from doctor today to try and help me stay in bed a bit longer. Early days yet. Hope it helps?
  • Posted

Hi I am also suffering from feeling sleepy all the time. I have been taking 50mg for 3 weeks now and sometimes think Im starting to feel a bit better. However the tiredness is really getting me down. Can anyone advise as to when this side effect may lift? Thanks
  • Posted

been on the tablet 2 weeks yesterday and someday feel sleepy n some days dont the other day i fell sleep at six on the sunday and woke up at 12 pm on the monday

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.