Sleepy When Hungry.

Posted , 3 users are following.

The title says it all. Is it normal? I felt so sleepy that I could not focus on my work until I eat some food to regain my focus.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Edited

You may not be taking in enough nutrition in your normal diet and so just need to eat more. Make sure you are taking in adequate calories in regular meals. It should be 2,000 calories for women and 2,500 for men,but that is only a general guide.

If you are satisfied that your diet is adequate then see your doctor...you may need testing for diabetes, even if you have no other signs.

• Posted

if I attach the photo of my meal, can you estimate how much calories it have?

• Posted

Maybe possible your sugar levels are low too? May lack on vitamin D??? -just playing devils advocaate here

• Posted

I always wonder that my symptom related to hypoglycemia. Since you mention about vitamin D lacks, I did some research, and now I wonder if I had enough vitamin D.

Since quarantine, my meals has changed. Anyway I'm gonna share my usual meal(before quarantine) throughout the day. Hope you can evaluate my meal and make hypothesis out of it.

Morning

7am: 2 Eggs(in the form of Soup), 30g Instant Chocolate drink+Honey(1/2 tbsp)

10am: Some chicken idk probably around 50g bought from food stall

Lunch

2pm: One plate of rice, half of chicken breast, 30g Instant Chocolate drink+Instant Coffee(1/2 tbsp)

Dinner

7pm: One plate of rice, another half of chicken breast

• Posted

i wouldnt know as im not a doctor - I was just putting a suggestion forward . i have to say I hate chocolate in any form & I dont mind eggs but not in the form of a soup -I cant have honey because its too high in sugar for me

Apart from that -I love chicken & rice

• Posted

That is quite low in a calories count. About 1400 at a rough guess. Its not very balanced either. You need more fruit and vegetables and more protein. Milk, cheese, and yogurt. No more instant chocolate or honey.

What is your weight and height?

• Posted

Fa, your weight seems OK for your height, so no problem there. Try having a snack of fruit or a yoghurt,or glass of milk around 4pm.

Are you getting enough sleep at night?

• Posted

Most of the time I sleep for around 6 hours.

• Posted

You should be sleeping around 8 hours. Just one more thing...I forgot to ask how old you are. If you are aged below e.g. 20yrs then your body is still growing and maturing and needs extra calories. I am assuming you are male,but if you are female then you may need extra iron in your diet. if you are over 20 yrs and doing a manual job or any heavy work you need extra calories or you will soon feel tired.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.