Slice my finger on a tin six days ago.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Last Wednesday, I opened a tin of corn beef and slipped and it sliced my finger quite deep. I cleaned the wound, it did stopped bleeding and I've kept it bandaged and have changed the dressing each day. I was just wondering whether people on here would suggest whether it needs stitched proper or whether will heal on its own. These are two images from the cut.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Looks clean and it will probably heal OK but I would suggest you have an up to date tetanus and get it checked at the same time, I'm sure it will be fine but best to be sure.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply. I've continued to keep the area clean and changed the bandage everyday whilst applying anti-septic cream. Usually with a deep cut how long does the healing process take and the swelling to go down.

• Posted

You are doing all the right things so it is healing on its own and doesnt need stitches. As we dont know the exact details of your cut and the depth its impossible to say how long it will take to heal but at a guess I would say 10 days to 2 weeks.If it starts to go red and throb or turns pusy,then that is the time to see a doctor. I'm sure you are fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.