Sliding herna

Posted , 6 users are following.

HI does anyone have a cough, and feel that they carnt breath, carnt eat heavy meals, chocolate, lots of different foods, plus run to the loo everymorning ,carnt keep it in, even cutting wheat out, milk,if I drink to much end up being sick, any chips or fryer food is a no no, have a 5cm sliding herna, 4 to 5 years ago diagnosed

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

You could very well have some food allergies with it. Do you mind me asking how old you are? I am 70 and a little milk ok, too much no way! Fried foods no no too. But even before the hernia I had all that. Sounds like maybe acid reflux also. Most of us have it.

I have actually cut back on my antacids and am taking metoclopramide, and it has made a huge difference.

• Posted

Your doctor has to prescribe it. Talk to your doctor about it. Look it up on the internet and read about it.

• Posted

ive had a sliding hernia 3 cm for over 5 years i have a cough all that time i have never smoked but sound like a old man whose on 50 per day its horrid makes me sick sometimes , i have nothing with dairy in it because that makes more phlemgn & i cough more , i also suffer from i b s which ive had for years & i think if i had thought about it prob have been intolerant to dairy for a very long time !!! i am 65 i am a farmers daughter who would often drink warm milk after the cow had been milked & that did nt bother me ! i am on omperasole cant spell twice a day & have gavascon when needed , hope you seen feel better x

• Posted

If you are taking 40mg Omeprazol it might have.lactose in it. I don't eat any dairy no fruit no tomatoes bananas are.bad I've had my hernia since 85. It took me years to work out what I can't eat. These past 6 months have cut back a lot small meals dont eat after 6 of an evening its better

• Posted

Does the same as Omep but has artificial.sweetener in it Mannitol I have a reaction to artificial sweeteners they cause Palpitations

• Posted

Are you sure about the Mannitol? I cannot tolerate artificial sweeteners! I have stopped taking all of the proton pump inhibitors and just take pepcid twice a day, 20mg. I am also taking the Raglin( metoclopramide) .... I really think that is what has done the most.

Do all your Doctors act like all this is no big deal?

• Posted

Pantoprazole has mannitol in it, my Doctor put me on it as Hexal who make the OMEP that I had been taking for years decided to add saacharine to it. But after 5 days of Pantoprazol I had really bad palpations that I was going to pass out. So I looks at the ingredients and Mannitol is in there I looked it up and its an artificial sweetener. So the chemist looked up an OMEP without artificial sweetener. I also have started to take bicarbonate soda which helps

• Posted

I have recently removed sugar from my diet. I am feeling significantly better.

Hope the best for you all.

• Posted

Hi Susan, As I read your post I can totally relate to your symptoms I also have a the same hernia as you and I always feel like I can't breath thanks God it's not every day but it does happen quite often I tead that someone posted that you may have a food allergy but I have your same symptoms and same hernia and I don't have any food allergies , the hernia almost makes you have food allergies because if you eat certain foods the hernia makes you feel so sick, and you can only eat or drink very small amounts, one thing that helped me a lot was not eating after 8:00pm the doctor told me not to eat after 7:00pm but thats just to early for me I like to snack at night and watch t.v. and not eating after 8:00pm is still so hard for me, I wish you good luck .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.