Sliding hiatal hernia pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

i was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia many years ago, and did well for many years, until about a year ago, my heartburn symptoms became worse following a lot of tummy pains. Now what’s got me scared is this horrible shooting pain that runs up my esophagus into my neck/throat, it’s not like anything I’ve ever felt before, I notice if I’m laying in any position other than my left side it happens, even on my back! I have my bed elevated. I had awoken with it about a week ago terrifying! After that now have upper back pain. Anyone else experience this? I’m so scared it’s something really bad, I always fear cancer😢 the only thing I keep telling myself is it went away for a long time after going gluten free, but now it’s back! Help?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello 

I’m going thru it right now for about 1 month so right now Im on blend foods like potatoes and carrots until Monday when I go to do a esofagram i guess that’s how it pronounce is a ultrasound barium swallow.  It not cancer In my case I guess i aggravated when i was lift something. 

• Posted

Hi and thank you for responding! I’m feeling much better the last few days. I take Nexium 40mg every night and I’m making sure I follow that with Gaviscon or another antacid. I just don’t understand why it came back after so long, I’ve gained a few pounds and that maybe some of it. Getting older isn’t fun

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.