Slight blood and mucus

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed 18months ago. But I get dihorrea. I've had this slight flare up now for about 3 wks. I am reluctant to take antibiotics. No pain but do have lower back a he it I do have a bath k prob anyway so ca nnkt pin it down to that. When I eat I need to go the toilet about 30mins later .but I have never been co stipated the reverse ! Is there any one else like me ? Mucus and slight blood at times. Don't k ow what in eating that's aggravating it ?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

If you have been properly diagnosed with DD, do not hesitate to take the antibiotics. I did because I was preoccupied and busy moving house. I had a major bleed as a result and my wife was not too pleased as she had to cope with the house move. My doctor also was not too pleased as he said I gave you the medicine for you to use when you needed it as you didn't, you used up 4 units of blood which is a precious resource.

• Posted

Jeremy, could the moving and lifting cause your major bleed? Did you ever bleed with attacks before? 
  • Posted

Yes I had another bleed which was appalling about 15 years ago. No idea what had caused it. The physical activity obviously did not help this last time but it was three weeks of a tummy upset which I am convinced made my gut lining give up the struggle and bleed.
    • Posted

How many years you been suffering with DD and how many times throughout those years  on antibiotics , do you start antibiotics every time u have upset tummy or what symptoms do you go by and when you feel to start antibiotics?
    • Posted

I first had DD in 2004. The initial bout was brought about by straining myself trying to start a chainsaw which it turned out had contaminated fuel. I practically bust a gut trying! It took a good 6 weeks before I could return to work even then my Dr said I went back too early. I have used the antibiotics countless times since then. If I have an upset tummy I do not start immediately. I take the drugs if I start to feel ill at the same time or the upset tummy lasts for more than a week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.